photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Crustless Broccoli Quiche

I went to visit my mother in-law often just to kill the time when our home did not have power for 11 days  during Hurricane Sandy. Sometime I went there to have a shower; other occasion to do laundry and often we ended up having a cup of tea and lunch in her kitchen. One day she offered me a Broccoli Quiche with salad for lunch. I was never a big fan of Broccoli Quiche; but this time I love the Broccoli Quiche she gave me. Since then I always wanted to make Broccoli Quiche. So last night I made one and today I am having a Crustless Broccoli Quiche with Arugula Balsamic Vinaegrette salad for lunch.  I must say it is a perfect meal for lunch. It is so easy to make and so delicious.




::Recipe::

Crustless Broccoli Quiche

~ 1 tablespoon canola or extra virgin olive oil
~  3/4 cup chopped onion
~ 3-1/2 cups broccoli florets (no larger than 1 inch)
~ 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper (here I am using yellow bell pepper)
~ 4 large eggs
~ 2 large egg whites
~ 1 cup low fat milk
~ 1/3 cup all purpose flour
~ 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
~ 1/2 tsp garlic powder
~ 1/2 tsp dried leaf oregano
~ 1/2 tsp salt
~ 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese or a cheddar blend
~ paprika (optional)

Heat oven to 350 deg. Spray a 9 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or baking spray

In a saute pan over medium-low heat, saute the onion in the oil until tender. Add the broccoli florets and bell pepper and saute, stirring for a bout 3 minutes, until broccoli is bright green and just begins to become tender.

Using a blender or a whisk, blend the eggs, egg whites, milk, flower, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and salt until smooth.

Arrange the broccoli and onion mixture evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with the shredded cheese. Pour the egg mixture over all. Sprinkle lightly with paprika (optional)

Bake to 30 to 40 minutes, until set. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes on a rack. 

~~~~

Good Luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!