photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

And The Story is Happening - A journal and collage art book

During my last visit to Anthropologie {here} recently I bought an art book called "And The Story is Happening" by Sabrina Ward Harrison. I immediately drawn to it when saw it stacked up on the sale rack. I put down Paul and Joe magazines and settled for just this pretty journal and collage art book.

The pages inside are packed with collage, hand drawings, lettering, composed in a dreamy, fun and playful way of expressing her story of art. I love how what it seems soft water color media flows together with line of pencil or ink drawing. It is soft, gentle and story telling.

On other pages I can see texture from layer of paints just like an old forgotten wall brick with scattered of sketches of lettering and words randomly placed on the surface. I smile each time I turn the page again and again.

This beautiful book comes with vellum pocket filled with paper ephemera, which makes me even more in love with this book.

Right now this book is on sale for USD 9.95

Let's take a look inside the book.






Do you see the vellum pocket contain the paper ephemera?





I love how this picture turned out to be after photographed them. Then I got a little creative by adding layer of other elements like that green flower and words 'A haunting purple bloom; in grey sea'. I was having fun doing it using photoshop. Can't help myself to add something to the pretty washed out simple greyish creamy page. I hope you like it!




Thank you for stopping by !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!