photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Happy Faces Through My Photography Lens

As I am getting serious in learning about photography; last Saturday my good friend Lourdes, her daughter 'Sasha' and I met at Columbus Circle, Central Park West, New York to do some photography. 

It was very easy to set up this meeting. It started out of a conversation FB inbox between Lourdes and I when I asked if she and Sasha would like to be my models to photograph. I needed to practice what I have learned from a private photography lesson a few weeks a go. She immediately said 'yes'. So we set  up the place and time which we both agreed to do the shooting in Central Park, Manhattan, New York.

I was so excited that finally I get to use my camera like a real pro. Well.. even as a beginner.

I told Lourdes that I would make a little flower tiara for Sasha. And I already have an adult tiara for her.

Sasha is a happy kid. Immediately as we walked in deeper into the park, she saw the play ground and she ran to it and said 'follow me' with her little voice. There were a big sand box with swings and other playing stations like climbing the rope, climbing rocks and sliding. And there were many other kids too. I was trying to take picture of her but she moves a lot. And that is what I like about taking picture of kids; you do not need to tell her to pose. I just took pictures of her in her natural environment; after all it did not matter if she is looking at my camera or not. I love the natural expressions of children.

Basically we were watching the kids playing. I shot some other kids too. I can't tell you how happy I was amongst kids. They are the most  fascinating young human being especially when they were playing with one and another. They are so innocent that they can just interact with each other without talking. And after a few minutes one ran away and do other thing.

Sometimes I saw Sasha just stared at other kids playing while I was taking her pictures. She completely ignored me. I was wondering what is she thinking about. And other times; she giggles and laugh all by herself. That is how innocent they are.

Then her mother said it is time for her to rest that we should go and sit on the grass. She just nodded and followed us to the grass area where Lourdes put a blanket on the ground.  Lourdes started to take out some snacks and drinks for her and I started to shoot them.






Sasha is doing her ballet move and trying to stand on her toe.




This is my favorite picture of Lourdes and Sasha. This picture touched my heart because I can feel how happy Lourdes is carrying her baby daughter. Look at her right eye pupil; I managed to capture her happiness through her eyes; so clear and shines.






This is another of my favorite picture.  I have learned either from youtube, pinterest or from a teacher in photography class that when taking picture of people you must put the focus point between their eyes. This photo has everything that photography  should be; the right lighting, the right composition, the right color contrast between her jacket and the background. Thus I managed to capture her emotion. I just love this picture. She is so adorable.

Here is another one. This boy was camera ready. I have other pictures of him smiling while looking at the camera. This one is the best picture of him.

Taking pictures of Lourdes and Sasha was so much fun and very easy.  They are the most natural models I know. They were laughing and playing with each other most of the time; which was so lovely to see and to shoot for me.

I hope you like those pictures too.

Happy Wednesday Everyone, and
thank you for stopping by!

~~~oo00oo~~~

{Oct. 10, 2013}
You probably wondering why am I doing a double posts on this specific post. The reason being is that I am learning photography as I go a long. It can be from my own experiences or from reading professional photographer's blog. For these pictures of Lourdes and her daughter Shasha I want to show you what I have learned recently and adapted to those pictures. It can be a small simple trick but definitely improved my photography skills and therefore improved the quality of the pictures.






















 photo Linkedto_zps7da192d4.jpg

 MONDAY
 Piggy in Polka Dots {Party In Polka Dots} by Shelley
Pursuit of Functional Home by Judy
Twelve O Eight {Inspiration Monday} by Tanya
Lines Across {Monday Funday} by Rachel
Sumo's Sweet Stuff by Sumo
It's So Very Cheri {It's Party Time}
Homemaker On A Dime  {Creative Blogger Party & Hop} by SJ
Creative Mondays by Claire
Colours Dekor {Colors Dekor..The Weekly Story} by Patricia
The Dedicated House {Make It Pretty Monday} by Kathryn
Home Coming {The DIY'ers}

TUESDAY
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia by Kristin
The Blackberry Vine {Tuesday To Do Party)
Lady Bug Blessings {Handmade Tuesday} by Kristen
Not Just A Housewife {Show Me What Ya Got} by Stacy
Cup Cakes And Crinoline {Project Inspired} by Mary Beth 
Our Delightful Home {Show Me What You Got} by Mrs. Delightful
A stroll Thru Life {Inspire Me Tuesday} by Marty

WEDNESDAY
The Blissful Bee {Work It Wednesday} by Amy
The NY Melrose Family {Whimsy Wednesday}
Savvy Southern Style {Wow Us Wednesday} by Kim
Raegun Ramblings

The Trendy Tree House {Create and Share} by Tara
Clean And Scentsible {Inspiration Exchange} by Jenn
Lil' Luna 
Green Willow Pond {What We Accomplished Wednesday} by Deborah
Creations by Kara
The 36th Avenue {The 36th Party} by Desiree

THURSDAY
52 Mantels {Thursday Are Your Days} by Emily
2 Yellow Birds Decor  {Thrusday Temptation} by Jill 
The Charm of Home {Home Sweet Home} by Shery
 Creating an Artful Home by Jen
French Country Cottage 
My Romantic Home {Show and Tell Friday) by Cindy
Chic on a Shoe String Decorating {Flaunt It Friday} by Kate
Liz Marie Blog {Inspire Me Please} by Liz
One Artsy Mama {Shine on Friday} by Amy
The Grant Life {The Life of the Party} by Kelley
Saving 4 Six (Welcome To Think Tank Thursday) by Carrie 
Made to be a Momma {Homemade by You} by Katie 
The Shabby Creek Cottage {Transformation Thursday} by Gina
A Glimpse Inside by Allison

FRIDAY
Dear Creatives {Inspiration Spotlight} by Theresa
If It's Not Baroque {Week End Creativity Round Up} by Lauren
The Dedicated House {Anything Blue Friday} by Kathryn 
A night Owl {Create and Inspire} by Kimberly
Craftberry Bush  {The Inspiration Gallery} by Lucy
Happy Hour Project {Happy Hour Friday} by Adrienne
Diana Rambles {Pin Me Linky Party} by Diana
Truly Lovely {Fancy This Friday} by Kassy and Kayli
Finding Fabulous {Frugalicious Friday} 
504 Main {Tickled Pink} by Holly 
A Stylish Interior (Stylish Friday Finds} by Karen
Little Inspiration {Create & Inspire} by Kimberly and Angie 

SATURDAY

Suburbs Mama {Suburbs Mama Sunday} by Rita
Nifty Thrifty Things {Nifty Thrifty Sunday} by Vanessa
Flamingo Toes {Think Pink Sunday} by Bev
Pink When {DIY Sunday Showcase} by Jennifer
I Heart Nap Time {Sundae Scoop}
Twigg Studios  {Sunday Show Off} by Aimee
Crafts A la Mode 








6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed my visit with you!! I ♥ your posts.

    I just had to "follow" you so not to miss anything! It would make me so happy if you would follow me too. :)

    Have a beautiful week!

    Lots of BIG Hugs,

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the pictures are incredible, so lovely, I would love to take better pictures, I should take a class but I have just not done that, I love your photography skills, so pretty...come for a visit and see my gouly guests would love to see your comment on these guests...phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only are they happy faces, they are all candid, and that is the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. Don't forget to link up to The DIY'ers. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, precious pictuers. Beautiful. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work, you're very talented! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!