photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Monday, January 12, 2015

The Chadha Family

This is the third time I photographed the Chadha and their family.

They were my very first customer when I just started my photography business.It was still fresh in my mind that the session was during early winter two years a go. Mehak's parents came from India and she just gave birth to a cute baby girl name Anvi.

I was very lucky because the session was easy and Mehak, her husband Ankush and Mehak's parents who came to visit from India were so nice to me. I remember the warm conversation I had with the parents whom I have not seen until now after the shooting.

Then the second session was when a brother and his wife came from India. It was a year a go. He was so funny. Mehak kept on making fun that he is my perfect male model. For a guy he poses very well, that's why.

Then yesterday was the third session. Again member of the family visiting from India with two toddlers. It was a lot of people but it was so much fun. The session was indoor and outdoor. 

I am so grateful that The Chadha family trusted me to document their precious time with their family who lives far a way from them in New York. So I always try my best to deliver the best photography I can.  I feel that my photography has improved since the first time I photographed them.  I upgraded the lens, bought some lighting, a backdrop and I have learned so much more about photography technically compare to when I started taking picture of clients two years a go.  I do believe that having photography as a business is like going on a  journey. A journey where you always try to improve and learn new things to be better. What I have learned most is  I treated my job as a passion more than anything. I used my previous session as a learning curve to be better in the next session. You can't learn all about photography in a couple of months or in a year as it is a constant learning in so many areas like photo editing soft wares, marketing, how to shoot a newborn, props, lighting, branding and packaging and the technical aspect of the photography itself. It is a lot. As for me I learn as I am doing it. So taking picture of people for free is the best way to learn photography. And I did a lot of these sessions; senior, maternity, newborn, toddlers, etc. Don't forget to treat the free session professionally from the beginning until the end right down to present the cd of images it self. This is how you learn and this is how you get better.

 These pictures were taken outdoor. And I love outdoor photography especially when there are snow around. May be the white snow makes the photo prettier.






Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!