photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Enigma Series {Inspiration}

Most of you probably wondering why I painted lettering and words and not a flower, landscape, figure, like most artist would choose for their subject matter. Well, first of all I always love to  paint a non representative object ;' abstract' to be precised. It is only because I can be  free with my emotion and directly transfer them onto the canvas. Until about a month a go I spotted this picture out of  an interior magazine called "Livingetc," a London based interior magazine; and instantly  fell in love with the painting displayed in the room as one of the main article about interior  in that  July Livingetc magazine. What I love about it is the contrast between the elegance and grace of the historical room and the spontaneous writing of the painting. What I mean by that  is that one would spontaneously say "anyone could paint  words like that?" But I was intrigued by the whole feeling of the room; the softness, beautiful, elegance versus the rugged lettering like an instant graffiti. So I started to follow my instinct and paint an abstract background freely and decided to put letters and words  free hand. So here is the picture of the inspiration behind the "Enigma" series.


Livingetc. July 2011
You see, now you know what I mean. Even the pink background color is just stunning and adds a spunk to the elegance room.
And here is one of my latest Enigma series based on the inspiration of painting above. "Enigma no. 13" You can  see the complete Enigma series in my Etsy store. I also want to tell you a story on how I got the title "Enigma" but I am too tired to look at the computer right now as I have been working on the computer today since noon and now it's  almost midnight. So I will save the story for next time. Good Night !!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/eLlYaRte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!