photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Picture Gallery in Florida Home

I always enjoy and comfortable to paint using gouache. I started using it when I was working for  textile company designing and painting their textile motifs by hand. Then I started painting a series of Renaissance decorative motifs for myself and for my own enjoyment. When we bought our winter get away home in Florida, I knew I had to create a picture gallery above the sofa in our living room with my gouache art works.

I bought the frames from various thrift stores around the area. I knew that I do not want to go to a professional frame store to have it done; I wanted the vintage look plus I enjoyed mounted them on an art board so that it can go right away into the frame and onto the wall all  done by myself. I scoured the thrift stores looking for the right frames that goes with the art works. And I found them in Salvation Army, Goodwill, and some are new like from Home Goods. I also must design the size of each picture with it's frame; as I want to have a sense of balance when grouping them together, like big and small; old and new.

So here they are !



Until next time !

XOXO,
     Ellya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!