photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

TeaStand DIY

I have been thinking about showing you on how to drill my tea stand. Now I am going to show you step by step on how to drill those pretty plates turning into a beautiful cake stand for you high tea gathering with friends and family. But first I want to take you to the history of this lovely, beautiful, elegance and yummy 'English HighTea'  Now that you already know about the story on how  Hightea became a popular drinking tea ceremony the English way (oh...what ever happened to the French; and thanks to Anna Maria Stanhope; we love "low tea" as well with pickles, cheese and bread !), I am going to take you to the history of English 18th century pottery/china that we all so much love. And of course these are the brands of those beautiful English china we are now collecting and that I have created  into a 'tea stand.'

Okay, now you know pretty much about these pretty little plates we hunt all over vintage stores; let's get to the making of my tea stand !


Drillbit can purchased at Etsy
Power drilling tool belongs to my husband and from HOME DEPO






Metal Rod Tea stand is from Ebay

Oh how lovely my own creation of Tea Stand !! From Ellya's Etsy store
XOXO,
         Ellya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!