photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A thank you note from Julie for my macarons.

In the middle of experimenting of making the macarons; Steven my husband asked me if I would give some of my macarons to his client; named "Julie." Of course  I would love to give her some I said to Steven. 

The reason how I became a huge fan of macaron is because of Julie. The story was, almost 2 years ago when we went to Paris; Julie had told Steven that we should stop at Laduree and that she would love if we could bring her a view of these little luxury sweets. Steven of course would love to bring her some but when we arrived in Paris, Steven had forgotten the name of the store 'Laduree' so we completely clueless as to where to get the macarons. I can only suggest to Steven to get some at Fauchon which is a very high end fine groceries, sweet and savory food and delicatessen products in Paris. But it will not a good idea to get her at the time since we must go to a view places before we get back to New York. So we skip Laduree in Paris altogether but only bought a box of macarons for Steven's other client that we are going to stay with  in Crans Montagna Switzerland at Fauchon. They loved it. Then our journey continued to Milan. When we walked around the Duomo where all the fancy boutiques and restaurants are; we found Laduree. We were so excited and went in. I was mesmerized by the soft pastel color of decor, elegance and filled with colorful macarons. We each got one and walked out and ate it in front of the store. Then Steven said he wanted to buy some for Julie, so went in for the second time and buy another  small box of macarons. Came out of the store; then he said oh maybe another small box for my Mom. Went back in again for the third time and came out with another small box of macarons. By this time I was waiting for him outside smiling. When he came out  minutes later, he said he wanted to buy for his Dad and his wife; so he went in again for the fourth time. When he came out I said "that's it you are not going back in again." So we laughed and happy with the little boxes of macarons to bring back home. But when we got home; Julie was travelling out of New York and will not be back for quite some times. Macarons does not stay fresh for a long time. So we ate all of the macarons. That is how we know about Laduree. Ohh...I forget to mention that in Charles de Gaulle airport there is a small stall selling Laduree macarons. That is how I fell in love with macarons.

This is how the macarons looks like when Steven  had a meeting with her and brought the macarons over for her. There are 4 flavoured macarons; chocolate, lemon, orange and lavender.


A week later Steven copied me her thank you note email to Steven.

~~~~~

Hi Steve, Thank you for the wonderful macaroons!!! Tell Ellya I loved them and that Laduree should just shut down now......and go back to Paris!

They are gone...I only shared two of them - one with my brother and one with my friend Marie ( you remember her, I am sure - My guitar playing music teacher friend) . I savored the rest with tea and a smile.mmmmmm

thank you !

Julie

~~~~

 I was so happy when reading her email Steven copied me.  I know that she would like them. Because I know those macarons tastes just delicious !


Thank you for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!