photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Macaron A to Z {Part 4}

Macaron's feet {PIED}

Macaron is not a 'macaron' without it's pretty 'feet' or 'pied' in French.
{Foot is the curly bottom part of the macaron shell.}




I have been baking these pretty little treats for the past 2 months and each time they came out different. Since I have quite a few of them in the freezer from baking them at different time and at different oven temperature; so I am curious on how their feet looks like. So let's take a look at their feet !

But first I am curious on how the famous Macaron bakery 'Laduree' and 'Pierre Herme'  looks like. For comparison I put them here as well.

www.laduree.com



www.pierreherme.com

 www.notsohumblepie.blogspot.com

And MINE !


See how they look different one another ? I must say the no. 1, 3, 4 and 6 has the best looking 'feet'. No. 2 and no. 5 are over baked; therefore the feet came out larger and thicker  than the rest of them. Plus an over baked macaron creates a interior gap between the chewy filling and the crispy skin. {last post here} So now I learned !

Now how about the dome (the very top part) ?

Clearly the one that has good looking feet also has a 'good dome'. Not so flat but also not very domey. These macarons are the closest looking to Laduree's, Piere Herme's and NotSoHumblePie's macarons shape. So lesson learned !

Another picture of my MACs

Have a lovely Memorial Day week end Everyone !!

1 comment:

  1. I have just been perusing all the information you shared on making macarons. Thanks for taking the time to share all the steps and pointers and lessons you learned. What a great series of posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!