photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Friday, June 15, 2012

Journal + Home Decor

I love looking at interior pictures in an interior magazine. When I see the interior picture that I like; I tore the pages and keep them in file. Those tear sheets of interior are basically ideas of colors, furniture, grouping of art, or a simple display like   flowers in a particular vase on a table or memorabilia being displayed, table lamp, anything that inspire me.

Over time I collected many tear sheets of interior, beauty, fashion, etc. Hoping that some day it could be useful. But most of the time, I totally forget about them and left in the file somewhere in the book case. Then I started to make a journal out of them. I have been collected ephemeras for quite sometime now. Last seen here.  It could be a clothing hang tags, perfume boxes, interesting picture from magazine, glass beads, vintage lace, etc.

So I started to make a journal out of these tear sheets hoping that one day when we (Steven and I) moved into a new home; these journal will come in handy.



What I like about the above interior picture is the group of figure drawings hanging above the sofa. I also love the monochromatic grey and soft brown color. I embellished the picture with small decorative key, clothing tag, bed cover picture from Anthropologie catalogue and others that I have been keeping for quite some time.

~~~~~~~



I remember reading about the above Parisian apartment interior. I love the color; greyish with soft coral curtain, bench and flowers in a large vase on the floor. This apartment has a high ceiling with beautiful decorative white moulding; a typical Parisian apartment. I just love it ! I seem to gravitate to a grey color interior with an accent color here and there. I love doing this journal collage ! I added glass beads in a plastic pocket from when I used to make mood boards when in school many years a go. I also added a decorative with hand writing prints paper.  I wrote a small note on a tear cookie wrapper  we bought when in Milan the last time and  glued on  the top of the picture. So this is a glimpse reminder of that trip every time I see this journal page.

~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading !

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your interiors journal! It's super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made something like this too! It's sooo addictive. I can't stop buying magazines just to fill my beautiful collection of snippits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travelling Mama,

    Thank you so much ! I also love your journals....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aneta Kudasik,

    It is addictive ! I think it is a good way to accumulate ideas from magazines and seeing snippets from the past all together on one page as a journal = ART !
    I would love to see yours....I am going to your blog right now !

    Thank youuuu....!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!