photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Things Around the House (Collage Photography)

Today I took lots of pictures of things that are laying around the house. I have been taking tons of picture as part of the exercise on how taking picture of an object with this Nikon D3100 I received a few months a go. And I must admit that love it ! I can not get enough of it.

 I have been making  a distress or antiquing wood panel back drop for my photography projects. And it has been a useful project as now I am seeing  beautiful photo results from either a food photography, or photo of an object showing as a collage like I am about to show you now.


The small 'embroidery pouch' I bought from a trip to Mexico San Cristobal de LasCasas about 14 years a go. I have 6 of them and I think the embroidery is quite lovely. The 'vintage cups and saucer' are my own private collection.' Flower on a vase' is being displayed in  my living room now.  'The planter stand' is standing just outside of our home.



I collected the stones and 'vintage jewelery stones' a while a go and some bought at the Flea Market in Manhattan. The' rhinestone bib necklace' is from my Etsy store; here. 'The green vase with gold motifs' bought from Ebay and direct from a seller in Italy. I love this vase very much ! Steven 'my husband' has been putting money coins in there and I begged him not to put coins in the vase anymore. {I was freaked out to see the heavy coins filled up to the top of the rim of the vase and afraid the heavy coins would chip off the delicate rim} so I begged him not to put the coins in the vase anymore.  The necklace is vintage and designed by Ellya. Available here. Again, the flower is from our living room.

Did you see the white and sea foam color panel wood that I distressed {DIY} just now?  I will be making many more for my back drop photo shoot.

Well I just took these pictures these afternoon. And, oh yes....I also learned new photography trick. I have read somewhere in a blog that the best hour to take picture is one hour after the sun rise and one hour before the sun goes down. It is known as the 'Golden Hour.' I found that taking picture of jeweleries {especially rhinestones} is little cumbersome. You will see what I mean from my last post {here} the color is way too strong because of the afternoon strong sun light.  And after seeing the pictures, how I wish I waited until just before the sun goes down. So after taken so many pictures of these necklaces this afternoon I decided to wait for 2 hours more until the sun goes a little down on the horizon. The result is much of a different. 

I want this post to be a quick and simple post ! But I guess I am giving you more than that.

Thank you for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!