photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Lazy Ellya's Lemon Tart

This Lemon Tart is super easy to make and the Meyer lemon taste is easy and light in your palate after heavy meal. 

I made this Lemon Tart for the party I had the other night {here} and this time I added Dark Chocolate ganache since I happened to eat them with chocolate cake in the party and thought the taste was even better with chocolate. 





::Recipe::

Lazy Ellya's Lemon Tart

Cut 1 large Meyer lemon into 8 pieces and place (skins too) in a blender with 1-1/2 cups superfine sugar, 1 stick butter, 1tsp vanilla and 4 eggs. Mix and chop them all up in the blender machine. Pour into your favorite store-bought tart shell. Bake at 350 deg. for 40 minutes.
(Note; I have tried as above and with skins on it tastes little bitter for me but many of my guests like it.  Next time I made another one without skins and with 1-1/2 Meyer lemons instead 1 Meyer lemon.) I also made with half Truvia sugar and half regular sugar mixed in package that available in grocery store but I do not like the taste of Truvia. So it is entirely up to you. It's just that it has much less sugar calories. But thought both method tastes as good.

Chocolate Ganache
~ Dark Chocolate morsels
~ Milk or Soy Milk
~ 1 tbsp butter
Mix them all up in a pan and low heat. Keep stirring so it wont burn. If thickens can add milks to thin it since you want to swirl it on top of your cake. I do not have measurement on this one just eye ball it for how much ganache you need for the cake you serve.

Good luck !
And thank you for reading !


2 comments:

  1. Hello :)

    Is 1 stick butter equal ? What is Meyer lemon? Can I use any lemon?

    Great blog anyway :))

    Cheers
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ria<
      Yes....1 stick butter. They have it in a store that comes in a long stick about 4 in. long and 1-1/4 ins thickness sometimes in one package there are 4 sticks. Or there is a butter that 4 in. long and 2-1/2 in. thickness. So all you have to do just cut in half so it will became one stick and that is what I used above. So use only 1 stick. Definitely this is not a butter that comes in a plastic tub. Meyer lemon is a lemon the yellow one. Yes you can use any lemon as long as it's a lemon. Hope this help. Good luck. And thank you so much ! Let me know if you have more questions. It is so easy that you will not fail and is so yummy. And oh, some people find it's little too sweet so you can reduce the sugar to 1 cup or 1-1/4 cup. It's up to you !! Thank you again !

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!