photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Puerto Rico Holiday {February 2013}

I am very sorry that I have not posted anything for a while. We went to Puerto Rico for our yearly holiday with Steven's parents.

I found it hard to post a story in a blog while vacationing. Although I have all the software that I need in our laptop I just could not find the time to do it.

Well, let me start by saying that beach in Puerto Rico are beautiful. Everywhere you go; the beach and the water is blue and clean. Our first staying was at Isla Verde. We want to be closed with Steven's parents. The beach is parallel with the street that filled with 5 stars hotels and local restaurants. Staying around this area is not my idea of vacationing; it is way too many people. But Steven's parents love it there. So after spending two days with them we moved to a secluded resort where the beach and islands are spectacular. And there is nothing around the resort complex but nature and beautiful beach.

Steven knows that vacationing in Puerto Rico for me is to look for dead shells laying on the beach. So I was very excited about it. But when we checked in at El Conquistador Resort; I was disappointed that the beach has no dead shells at all. In the past we stayed at the Grand Melia not too far from El Conquistador at Fajardo and I found many dead shells on the beach there.

If you have not been in El Conquistador, I recommend that you check this place out. It is so beautiful. Our room was at a section called Las Casitas. Las Casitas means "cute little houses" in Spanish. Since all of those houses built on the top of a hill by the cliff; our room has fantastic 180 degree view of the ocean. So beautiful!

I love Puerto Rican food. I love Ropa Vieja {the shredded beef with sweet fried banana and black bean}, Camarones Al Ajilo {garlic shrimp} and I love empanadas; a savory pastry with either chicken of beef inside. They have these delicious snack almost at every local restaurants and they are all delicious. I also love their coconut ice cream. Everywhere we go; I always look for this coconut ice cream. For desert you can't go wrong with Cream Caramel or Vanilla Flan. Hhhmmm....so silky smooth, sweet and delicious.










The beach and the bluest water......

Happy Valentine Everyone.......I hope you will have a lovely valentine celebration with 'your love one'! 
This small flowers I picked on the ground. They were falling from the tree. I took them to the room and arranged them then took this picture. 
{Oh no! I forget to put the picture. My apologize....}




Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!