photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Vintage Silk Flower Tiara, Fifty Plus And Me

And so as I am little over 50 now the question is how do you grow old graciously and happy?

 I never been so sure about what I want to do in life like what I am doing now. I never been so happy for simple things that I create or achieve like I have achieved today. Not much, but I think of myself that I had grown older and mature spiritually. What I mean by this is that nothing is constant in life, not your pair of shoes you love so much, the designer pocket book you bought the other day, your family, your car, your house and so does your look because it will change as time passes by and as you are aging. But I believe that we do evolve. Evolve by how you look into yourself and think that you have became something else more beautiful than when  you were younger. For me to get to this stage is by being healthy spiritually and physically, being able to take care of your body, skin, hair and inner self. I found that creativity is also play an important role to feel happy. To show your creativity to others and especially got credit for it is a big rewarding and a happy feeling. It keeps you motivated and feel younger. And amongst all women whom experience reaching 'the five zero',  I am not the healthiest one to think this way to begin with. Not after I had many surgeries and health issues 8 years a go. But it came  to a full circle, since I came out a live from those surgeries and health issues, I was able to embrace and chose to grow old, happy and healthy at this age. Right after released from 2 months  hospitalization; nothing is matter to me but to choose being happy and healthy even though it meant just to see  one petal of flower blooming each spring year, to be able  to hug my son and tell him how much I love him,  to create something simple with my own hand and put a smile on someone's face, to see the fine lines showing on the surface of my skin  face in the mirror and said  to myself  "hhmm I still look beautiful"  each day. Those wrinkles are wisdom, it tells you a lesson from the past so you can only be a better person, to forgive yourself and others, to find who you really are and finally said I know who I am and I just like what I am supposed to be. Those things are constant. Those things are priceless. Those things are what I embrace and would like to own for the rest of my life. 

Believe me we human does no matter how old  we are;  are all in the same boat and going in the same direction but it is up to you how you choose to finally reach there. And yes, nothing can stop that; WE --  WILL -- BE -- THERE.

So what do you think about getting older? How  do you feel the minute that you suddenly notice that first wrinkle appear around you eyes that were not there last you have seen your face on the mirror? Panic, happy, sad, proud, or never thought about it at all?

~~~oo00oo~~~

With little story above; I took close up pictures of myself the other day. I happened just finishing making the vintage silk flower tiara at the time. I bought a bulk of vintage millinery flowers from Ebay  and I love them so much. I had taken pictures of some of them for my blog posts in the past. I thought it would be pretty to put these silk flowers together as a tiara which I am wearing and showing on the pictures. I know I am too old to play princess but I can't help it; my youth inner self is telling me is okay to feel young, is okay to try to look young. And so I did.














 I created below image through Pugly Pixel tutorial and lay out {here} but I did not down load the template from them. I found my own images through Google  and processed the images in Photoshop.



Thank you so much for reading!


2 comments:

  1. Olá querida,lindo post!!!Amei a produção,50 anos de
    beleza física e principalmente de coração!Parabéns!!!

    Doce abraço ,Marie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie,
      Thank you so much for your sweetest comment.
      Have a great week end.

      Hugs,
      Ellya

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!