photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Soft Pink Roses + Blue Baroque Bird Tea Set

I am in love with pretty bird motifs lately.  

Years a go I bought my first blue baroque bird motifs salad plate at Home Goods. It was the only plate on the shelve. And I just could not resist the plate sitting on the shelve by itself. Although I collected vintage blue band china even until now; this salad plate is new. We all know that merchandise at Home Goods always incomplete. That's why I love shopping around at Home Goods because you never know what you are going to find. 

A few days a go I went to Marshalls and saw the same exact blue baroque bird motifs set again. I could not believe my eyes and after almost 2 years later?  Only this time I saw 2 sets of creamer and sugar bowl and one that I thought a small vase. {I could not figure out what it was. It was almost look like a creamer but larger}. So immediately I grabbed the sugar bowl, creamer and the little vase. But then I was not sure about the vase so I put it back on the shelve. I bought only the sugar bowl and creamer. Went home. That night I could not stop thinking about the little vase. So the next day I went back to get the little vase and it was gone. I saw only a set of creamer and sugar bowl which I already bought a day before. I looked and looked but could not find the little vase. Don't we all have experienced this; should have bought it first time saw it. Little dissapointed, I walked around  to see what else is new over there. Hello! I saw a set of tea cup and saucer with similar motif on the other side of the section. It was so pretty and the set tied with  a pretty ribbon. Felt very happy I said to myself you are mine now. I immediately grabbed them and paid. It was my lucky day.





These two vintage birdie post cards were bought in an antique store in Nyack. Nyack is a small historic town by the Hudson River in New York. Last Sunday we drove up there to have brunch and walked around the little town of Nyack. I thought those two birds are cute and lovely.

My gut instinct is telling me that one of these days I will find other pieces of similar set, may be at Home Goods or Marshalls again, or may be at TJ Maxx. The hunt for this pretty blue baroque bird set will be continued and for sure that I am on the look out for them.



Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my pretty blue baroque bird tea set.
Have a great week end Everyone!



 photo Linkedto_zps7da192d4.jpg
 MONDAY

Pursuit of Functional Home by Judy
Twelve O Eight {Inspiration Monday} by Tanya
Lines Across {Monday Funday} by Rachel
Sumo's Sweet Stuff by Sumo
It's So Very Cheri {It's Party Time}
Creative Mondays by Claire
The Dedicated House {Make It Pretty Monday} by Kathryn
Home Coming {The DIY'ers}

TUESDAY
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia by Kristin
The Blackberry Vine {Tuesday To Do Party)
Lady Bug Blessings {Handmade Tuesday} by Kristen
Not Just A Housewife {Show Me What Ya Got} by Stacy
Cup Cakes And Crinoline {Project Inspired} by Mary Beth 
A stroll Thru Life {Inspire Me Tuesday} by Marty

WEDNESDAY
The Blissful Bee {Work It Wednesday} by Amy
Savvy Southern Style {Wow Us Wednesday} by Kim
Raegun Ramblings

The Trendy Tree House {Create and Share} by Tara
Clean And Scentsible {Inspiration Exchange} by Jenn
Green Willow Pond {What We Accomplished Wednesday} by Deborah

The 36th Avenue {The 36th Party} by Desiree
The Diary of a Real Housewife {The Blogger's Diagest} by Jennie

The Pleated Poppy {What I Wore Wednesday} by Lindsey 

THURSDAY
52 Mantels {Thursday Are Your Days} by Emily
The Charm of Home {Home Sweet Home} by Shery
The Grant Life {The Life of the Party} by Kelley
Saving 4 Six (Welcome To Think Tank Thursday) by Carrie 
Made to be a Momma {Homemade by You} by Katie 
The Shabby Creek Cottage {Transformation Thursday} by Gina
A Glimpse Inside by Allison

Perfectly Coutured {Three-fer Thursday} by Bethany

FRIDAY
Dear Creatives {Inspiration Spotlight} by Theresa
Creating an Artful Home {Fabulously Creative Friday} by Jen
French Country Cottage {Feathered Nest Friday} by Courtney
Chic on a Shoe String Decorating {Flaunt it Friday} by Kate
My romantic Home {Show and Tell Friday} by Cindy 
One Artsy Mama {Shine on Friday} by Amy
The Dedicated House {Anything Blue Friday} by Kathryn 
A night Owl {Create and Inspire} by Kimberly
Craftberry Bush  {The Inspiration Gallery} by Lucy
Happy Hour Project {Happy Hour Friday} by Adrienne
Diana Rambles {Pin Me Linky Party} by Diana
Truly Lovely {Fancy This Friday} by Kassy and Kayli
Finding Fabulous {Frugalicious Friday} 
504 Main {Tickled Pink} by Holly 
A Stylish Interior (Stylish Friday Finds} by Karen 
Little Inspiration {Create & Inspire} by Kimberly and Angie

The Mrs and The Momma {The Best of Friday} by Kristen

SATURDAY

Suburbs Mama {Suburbs Mama Sunday} by Rita
Nifty Thrifty Things {Nifty Thrifty Sunday} by Vanessa
Flamingo Toes {Think Pink Sunday} by Bev
Pink When {DIY Sunday Showcase} by Jennifer
Twigg Studios  {Sunday Show Off} by Aimee
Crafts A la Mode 
 




4 comments:

  1. Yep, never leave TJ MAXX or Marshalls without the thing you think you might like in your hand. Twice it has happened to me. Stuff flies off the shelves there. They have a good return policy, just in case you change your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful teacup, love the bird. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tea set is lovely and your photos...wonderful!
    Besos from Argentina,
    Silvina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Just saw this on Pinterest and of course I pinned it. Your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!