photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Friday, August 15, 2014

"A Note"







I have a great news I wanted to share with You All.

My best friend from school more than 10 years a go is getting married. And she is inviting Steven and I to attend the wedding next spring in Lake Como, Milan. 

I never in contact with Dina for more than a year, well prior to that we never hardly any contact for almost 10 years but as a Facebook friend who were not active at all. In school, I would say our friendship had blossomed in to a best friend. Dina and I literally sat together in classes, did projects together and shared some personal stories together. We were like sisters. Just like typical young girls, we used to dreamt about our future; the man and husband we would love to meet, the kind of life we are going to have and the career we wanted  to achieve in the fashion business. But toward the end of school in 2003 I met Steven. We both got a job in the garment industry but my relationship with Steven had becoming serious. And slowly our friendship became far a part.  I did not think much of it then. I was busy building a relationship with Steven while Dina is single and pursuing a career. 

In a blink of an eye years went by so quickly. I never hardly had any contact with Dina but her name is on my Facebook friend's list. Not more than that. Sometimes I look at her profile showing her work and Dina has becoming a well known stylist from her country; Dubai. And her work got published in vogueitalia.com  and Marie Claire. Of course I am very happy for her. I know Dina will be a successful person because Dina was a very motivated young girl. She worked hard to reach her dream and she  determined to get what she wants. And Dina got it all. During those times I think I asked her once through Facebook if she met a guy, her answer was no, she wasn't. That's all.  

Remember, Dina is much more younger than me in age. In the back of my mine I was thinking may be Dina is not interested being friendly with an older person like myself. So I removed her name from my Facebook friend's list. Yes, it was a bold move from my part. {"I am sorry, Dina!"} I figured at this time of my life, I do not need a friend up in the air. I need a true friend. I would rather have 1 friend who can be a true friend to me than 100 friends who just watch me from the other side of the globe.  When I was much younger I used to have many friends. Friends was my life. But I learned my lesson. Now, I can count the number of what I called a friend; 1, 2, 3 only; may be 4. I figured if I have many friends who always get together, lunch here and there, meeting, like most Indonesian women do, I would have not achieved what I have achieved today. I would be busy with my friends day in and out. That is not the kind of life I want. 

Yes, I need to have a few friends but it is hard for me to open up to people these days.

Dina was the only friend I was able to pour my heart out to the most secret part. That was how close we were back then. 

It has been more than 10 years I have not seen Dina. And I have been completely lost contact with Dina for the past 1 year  since she is no longer a friend through  Facebook.

About 3 weeks a go, I woke up and found a note from Dina. She wrote the most sad and happiest words on my inbox Facebook. I remember she said:"..........perhaps I do not deserve your friendship........"
AND ON ANOTHER PARAGRAPH SHE WROTE,
"I met a childhood friend who is from my country and we  are getting married in Lake Como, Milan, Italy and I would like to invite you and Steven to my wedding!"

Tears started to pool in my eyes. I know it was a happy tears. I am happy because Dina has found her true love. Or may be I am happy because we both now are married. 

Not long after that Dina and I became friends in Facebook again.  There we started to talk about our old days again. Then I remember what Dina said that I was her inspiration, her mentor and teacher. She continued saying that I very much influenced on what she has becoming today.  She also said that she is still reading my blog.

Oh....I got goose bumps when reading that. I am very happy for these words. It was truly an honor for me to have received such words from Dina.  It was the most beautiful words I have ever received from a friend. And I know Dina is very honest about this. I told Dina that after I lost Dina I never had a friend like her again until now.  

Then one day Dina called me from Dubai. Oh, I was so happy to hear her voice. Her voice just like I remember her when we were in school. It was like a dream. She was asking how's my Mom, Dad and my son Buck. How sweet of her.

When we said good bye I remember I smiled and told to myself I will not loose Dina again. And I am so happy that she remembers to reach out to me and invited me and Steven to her wedding.  Of course I told her that we, Steven and I will definitely attend her most important and happiest day in Lake Como, Italy next spring.

(Sorry -- I must add this.)
Dina told me that she will give me full access to photograph her wedding. 
Wouww, seriously....I can't wait.
It is my dream to photograph a wedding in Lake Como, Milan - Italy.
My mind is playing a thousand pictures of Dina as the most beautiful bride with the most gorgeous setting and background on her wedding day in Lake Como.
"Thank you so much Dina?"










A few days a go, the mirror tray I bought online from One King's Lane arrived. I love this tray very much. It looks a slightly larger for the coffee table but it still looks pretty. I love putting gold accent on my interior. I think gold accent; it can be a tray or picture frames can add drama, glamor and elegant to a room. Here I put the glamorous mirror golden tray on the rustic coffee table. I love combining rustic and luxury together.



Thank you so much for reading. Have a great week end Everyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!