photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Monday, October 6, 2014

Practiced With Flower (Photography)

I don't know about you but I find it a little hard to get a sharp image using a fix lens in photography. There are several techniques to do this and I have read everything and followed it through during a shoot. Although I still get a good sharp image but still I find it a little hard to get that one sharp image; I mean really sharp! I bought a mono pod the other day and it helped a lot during the shoot. I recommend if you are like me, please go get a monopod. It comes in ranges of prices from USD 20.00 to USD 100.00. (here)

Yesterday I practiced shooting a vase of flowers at home. It is always  a good way to find on how to stabilize your hands during a shooting. But also it is a good way to find a good angle to get a pretty  unexpected image. When shooting an object at home like these flowers; I try to shoot in many angles. Sometimes from above, other times from below. And try shooting from many directions also. You will never know what light source can do to your images. And you will never know until you try it out. As shown on picture no. 4. Here part of the glass vase blend in with the cream color table cloth background. I remembered I was shooting  below from an eye level view but near a big door where a lot of natural light coming in. Of course it all depends on many things like the color of your object and background but more less it is always good to try to shoot in many angles especially with a small object like this. It is also good to do with a person outdoor because you will never know what the light can do. Because you never know what natural light can do to your photography.

Next time I am planning to shoot out door with studio lighting. I think after having some experiences shooting outdoor I am comfortable using studio lighting outdoor. I might need a pocket wizard in order for the light to work out door. I need more information about this.

Oh, I wanted to tell you that my son 'Buck' is arriving New York visiting us from Jakarta, Indonesia exactly a week from today. I can't tell you how happy I am to see him again. But this time he is coming with his girl friend. This will be the first time Buck  introduce his girl friend to us officially. And will be staying with us for 2-1/2 weeks. We, Steven and I both are super excited to see them. And back talking about photography, I wanted Buck and his girl friend Dessy to be my models shooting outdoor with studio lighting next time.








Thank you so much for stopping by!
Happy Monday Everyone?



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellya, Lovely flower photography! & Happy visiting. Can't wait to see what's next. Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!