photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Sunday, November 2, 2014

BUCK & DESSY // West Hampton, New York // Part One

I can't even describe the feeling when my son Buck is telling me that he is going to visit us with his girl friend for two and half weeks. I was speechless. Mainly it was because this is going to be the first time Buck is going to introduce his girl friend to me officially. And staying with us for two weeks? At first I did not even know how to answer or respond to this. But overtime it made a lot of sense to me that my son has grown to a man and he is at the age where  he starting to feel the need of a lady companion. So we  are very excited to spend time with them. Isn't that every mother wish to see  their son is happy? And that is what I see every day in my son's face.

They have left yesterday morning. And I am suffering a slight sadness and emptiness now that they are gone.

I can't hide the tears when I hugged my son Buck at the airport. This always happen each time I say good bye to him. It is getting harder to let him go. But I know he is a grown up and we both know as he always assure me that he can take care of himself. And so far he does a great job to do so. And I am very happy and proud of him about this.

Buck and Dessy has been very busy. Each day, they planned their schedule to visit Museums, famous restaurants, meeting their friends at a club or a lounge.

My son Buck loves the food in NYC; from Grimaldi Brick Oven Pizza, to the famous Kat's Delicatessen pastrami sandwich. Each day is a  culinary experience for him. His other favorite visited restaurants are  El Quijote the Spanish restaurant in Chelsea, our local Sushi Palace near by our home, the grilled chicken wings from Anthony's Pizza ,(which they bought and took it with them so they can snack on them on the long flight to HongKong), Balthazar in SoHo, The Gramercy Tavern, Park Side, Corona New York and Umami Burger. And the very last night they were in NYC we had dinner at Five Guys on the way home from the airport coming from  Florida trip. Buck had been craving for it so we took them there.  And oh, our last night in Florida, he was so thrilled when I suggested we should have dinner at a famous Cuban restaurant The Versailles in Little Havana, Miami. He immediately mentioned the restaurant is in the movie 'The Chef' and said that when watching the movie he dreamt eating at The Versailles. He said again that he could not believe that now he is eating in the restaurant for real. 
The Versailles is one of my favorite restaurant too. The food is so good and the price is very reasonable. The only one thing that he did not get to go to is Peter Luger's steak. They ran out of time and they already gained weight. He said jokingly he is saving it for the next trip.


It does not surprise me that he loves food because  Buck own a restaurant in Jakarta and some of his friends own a restaurant in Jakarta as well. He has been in some of these restaurants  from previous visits to NYC so he knew what restaurants he wanted to go to.

Buck and Dessy also enjoyed my cooking. They kept on bragging about how good is my Spinach Swiss Quiche and my Braised Beef Brisket to friends and families. Of course I love feeding my son. All Moms do that to their son right?

Like most young couple they spent time shopping as well. It is hard not to shop in Manhattan where the most current beautiful  fashion are  in your eyes when you walk around Manhattan. 

One day Steven and I took them to visit Steven's cousin who lives in West Hampton. They wanted to have lunch with us and show the home they are going to buy or make an offer. So we thought it would be a great idea to show Buck and Dessy the West Hampton area. The Hampton area is by the ocean and is where the luxury gorgeous homes located by the ocean and belongs to either  well to do families or celebrities.

I took some pictures of Buck and Dessy while we were touring the property. It is a breathtakingly beautiful home. Just look at pictures of landscape around the home; the canal in front of the home across the green garden, the swimming pool, the guest home tucked away amongst the foliage, the spa cottage separated from the main home, just beautiful and so serene looking.I wish I can show you the inside of the home. The interior decoration of the home is classic and elegant. It is clear to me that the owner has a great taste in decorating their home. To me it is a perfect home for a summer garden party. Or any party, really!

~~~~~~oo0oo~~~~~~~

These urns and the children sculptures are the most prettiest conversational  garden pieces I have ever seen. I love how the owner put them together. I kept thinking on the garden days after we left the properties.

How cute these love birds...

The front entrance.

I love this gate entering a part of the sprawling greenery field.


A stone bench by the canal in front of the house.

Can you picture a nice garden party being held on this beautiful garden?


The beautiful urn and the little boy bronze sculpture put there as a conversational pieces. So pretty.


The garden is huge. And everywhere you go is so pretty and so peaceful.

How pretty are these two big urns by the swimming pool.

Buck and Dessy always playful with each other taking pictures with their phones.



Thank you so much for stopping by. And have a great week end Everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!