photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Miss Anna //Water Color Art//

Meet Miss Anna!

I painted her three times. And probably I will paint her again.

My water color art journey goes back many years a go but I never really serious about it until now. I have been painting for as long as I can remember. I am more of an abstract contemporary artist using acrylic than a water color artist. I am picking up water color again as I think I love the delicate and the feminine soft of water color.

The first painting I called her "water color study no. 5" then "no. 6" and the last "no. 7"

I never was good painting a human figure before. When I was a Fine Art student at Fashion Institute of Technology New York in Manhattan I was never good at it at all. My work follows my feelings transformed into lines, shapes and colors without any intention what it would becoming into. Although I like painting it was never the intention for me to become a professional artist. I knew my art was only for me to enjoy. They are only decorate some of the walls in our home.

Then I evolved, I start to pick up water color. Then as time went on I am seeing mass and shadow in a different way in  painting human figure. Suddenly I found a new skill. I was able to see shadow and shape in human figure in the face and in every part of a body. It took me years to see it. Although I am still not good it; I am seeing it. And that is very important and a good way to start.

I also found a new venture; photography. Already I turned down 3 clients while I was in Florida because most of my clients are in New York. I think I am a better in photography than in blogging or other social media because I do not have to tell story in photography. I just have to present my work to clients. Just point and shoot. In blogging I must write and I am not good in writing English as English is my second language.  So I can understand that my post does not have a good story to support the images. It won't stop me from blogging though but I can only try to improve and hopefully I can express better. 

I truly realize that blogging is a journey. I am blogging because I wanted to express myself. And I am very happy since my first post until now I was able to mainly express myself. Deep in me I knew I am a creative person and an artist as well. And I am constantly evolve.

So let's take a look at Miss Anna (water color study no. 5, 6 and 7)

 "Water Color Study no. 5"
  
"Water Color Study No. 6"







"Water Color Study No. 7"
I think her body movement is better here compare to the first two drawings. Although her expression is not as good as the other two. Body movement is very important in painting a pose like this one. Is the upper body tilt to the left more or to the right more? Where is the hips are located? Is the body  weight of her body falls mostly on her left foot or right foot? Those are things to consider when painting a standing figure as these elements will help gives movement to the body so it will look a live.


Thank you so much for reading!

~~~oo0oo~~~

 P.S.; If you wanted to follow CuriositaEllya through FB please follow at my FB page here.
And if you wish to follow CuriositaEllya through Google, please follow me here
I am going to delete the FB page on this blog sometime in the future as I have another one that I have created - complete story and as to why I am switching the FB page please read; here. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!