photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Monday, February 16, 2015

Helathy Breakfast "Beet and Caramelized Boiled Egg Bites"





I got the original recipe from my mother in law. Each morning she eats cut boiled eggs on a saltine crackers. One day she let me tasted it and to my surprise it tastes delicious and since then occasionally I eat a couple of saltine crackers with cut boiled eggs on top for breakfast.

Today I modified the recipe by adding caramelized onion and beet. I love the taste of caramelized onion in almost anything and I also love beet. It is tasty, sweet and healthy. I had 4 or 5 of these bites,  I felt good until late lunch or early dinner.

 These bites dish would be a perfect dish to add to any spread for a late breakfast party. I had my husband Steven tasted it this late morning and he likes them.

These bites are super easy to make. The caramelized onion and the beet can be prepared a day before and refrigerate for the next day use. 

::Recipe::
Healthy Breakfast  Beet and Caramelized Onion Boiled Egg Bites

~Saltine crackers
~ 1/2 onion (sliced into thin pieces)
~ 4 tbsp of Olive oil
~ 4 tbsp of sweet balsamic vinaegrette
~ 1/2 tsp light brown sugar
~ 1/4 tsp salt
~ 2 boiled eggs (makes about 9 to 10 bites)

Sautee onion in olive oil then add balsamic vinaegrette, light brown sugar and salt. Cook until tender and turned into dark brown color. Ensemble each cracker with cut boiled egg then spoon the cooked onion on top the boiled egg.

For the beet.
Boiled 2 small beets until tender.
Peel the skin and cut into small pieces. Mix the beet pieces with olive oil, balsamic vinaegrette, salt and pepper. Ensemble the cracker, boiled egg and beet on the top. And serving.

~~~o0o~~~

 P.S.; If you wanted to follow CuriositaEllya through FB please follow at my FB page here.
And if you wish to follow CuriositaEllya through Google, please follow me here
I am going to delete the FB page on this blog sometime in the future as I have another one that I have created - complete story and as to why I am switching the FB page please read; here. T

~~~o0o~~~

Good luck Everyone!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!