photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Monday, December 12, 2011

A few hours in Manhattan with Ellya

It was a beautiful sunny day in the middle of the month of December. I have been wanting to go to a vintage clothing show in Chelsea Market. I know it will end soon so here I go off to "the city that never sleep" alone. And plus I want to get a few things while I am there. 

First stop; Chelsea Market !


I love this store with it's diversity of what's available in the store. From organic market to small sandwich restaurant, ice cream parlor, pretty cup cakes store, and I saw a sample sale for Prive selling beautiful coats parka, dresses, blouses, bags, etc. But the vintage clothing show already over. I was a bit disappointed but thought to myself; hey.....I can go to other exciting places and I am in a good mood plus it's a beautiful day. So I walked out the store and realized that my stomach telling me to stop by at this small quaint French bistro just across the street.


 I peeked through the glass window and said to myself; that's what I want, Baked Goat Cheese & Oranic Spinach Salad!


I ordered and paid, wouww...it's so pricey. It cost USD 17.00 with a small bottle of Pellegrino. But, can't argue because it was a gorgeous day. So I sat outside and enjoyed the scenery watching stylish people of lower Manhattan passing by. Took a few pictures then I walked over to the nearest train station 7th avenue line going uptown to Annex Flea Market at 24th between 6th and 7th avenue.

I have been coming here since I just arrived in NYC in 1997. I was a student back then and this flea market is near the school. I love all the stuff they have here. As an art and design student; this is where you want to go. Because this is the place where Manhattan artist and creative designers go either to find unusual item for their personal use or to create something artistically. It won't be a surprise you will see a famous person of New York here. 

I have been wanting to own a Burberry raincoat for a long time. When I saw this, I thought this is what I want. After tried it on in the back behind clothing racks with a small mirror I decided that this is not what I want. It does not come with a belt and it does not have that "flap" in the back. It is just straight plain Burberry coat. It fits me very well. And it is a not bad price for an original Burberry coat for USD 75.00. If it was the one; I would have taken it in a flash ! But I bought a rhinestone bracelet and a crystal broken necklace {I only want the beads for this broken necklace} for USD 10.00 each. Then I went to the next stop; M & J Trimming store at:{ I think 6 Avenue and 36th street.} I walked from the annex flea market and it was about 10 blocks uptown. When I got there my feet were about to kill me. But I was in so much joy because this is another store where the most creative designers go to get an embellishment either for fashion design, bag design, jewelery design and millinery design and shoe design. What a fun store this is ! And oh so pretty and oh beautiful the things on display! Beads, ribbon, feathers, bridal stuff, cristals, anything you need for your design embellishment. The trimming is absolutely beautiful. And that is what I was there for !



I got what I want. Paid. Oh...my husband called me and said "where are you!" I told him where I was and decided that he does not have to come and get me. The train station is around the corner. So I walked to Penn Station and took a few pictures a long the way.

This intersection is very famous. Macy's in one corner and across the square is the biggest Victoria's Secret store. And there are so many famous stores around it. This is the place for a serious shopping. During this time of the year;  many people gather around in front of Macy's window displays to see the pretty Christmas theme displays. Lot's of people bring their kids along. I walked so fast and eager to reach home and rest my feet.
After all I got what I want ! Oh no,  I forget something ! It looks like I might have to go back very soon !

HAPPY HOLIDAY Every One !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!