photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Monday, April 9, 2012

DIY Sparkly Skinny Head Band Inspired by Kate Moss for Louis Vuitton

Last winter I found a beautiful young lady's blog; wendyslookbook! Immediately I was inspired by many of her videos "how tos" and her fashion posts.  This video hairdo in particular caught my attention. Not only because I love her simple, chic and elegant hair style but I love the idea of having a skinny band around the top of your head and on your hair. It is so chic, elegant and simple. I must say I do get lots of compliments wearing this hairdo. 

 Here is the link in case you are curious about what I am talking about. After watching that video I immediately went to Target and bought myself a view of those elastic black head bands. And I am wearing that hairdo ever since. Thank you Wendy for the inspiration !

This head band in my opinion is very chic to wear with a simple "not try too hard hairdo" with a pair of jeans and a simple top. I love the mixing of wearing a hint of glamour {like this skinny sparkly head band} with a very casual outfit. It is fun, playful, super chic and ultra cool for spring/summer outfit.

I was immediately thinking about M & J Trimming store in New York. This is a store filled with beautiful trimmings. So I got mine (below) that I created into this elastic head bands.

Also seen here in my last post.


D.I.Y Head band by Ellya



The inspirations


Another inspiration !
The step by step and what you will need.

~ Elastic band availabe at JoAnn Fabrics
~ Liquid super glue available at Michaels
~ Black ribbon available at Michaels
~ Scissor
~ Clear rhinestone chain available at Michaels
~ Golden mesh ribbon available at Toho Shoji

1.Cut the sice of golden mesh ribbon to your head size {mine is 17"} 2. Cut the same length of rhinestone chain {17"} and using super glue, glue the chain on top of the golden mesh ribbon. 3. Cut the size of the elastic band {mine is approx. 5"} 4. Using super glue, join and glue together the mesh ribbon rhinestone and the eleastic band giving a 1/4" for joining. 5. When glue dried; cut two 1-1/2" black ribbons and wrap around the 2 joinings and close it by gluing the end of the ribbon.


The finish product

And another D.I.Y. head bands by Ellya
Trimmings available at M&J trimmings.

Hope you will like my head bands and thank you for reading !!

Ellya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!