photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Thursday, December 6, 2012

2 Nights of Fun in Miami, Florida

After been staying in Delray Florida for little over a month {since Hurricane Sandy} I must admit that I miss home in New York.

But I must admit that I really had a wonderful time doing, cooking, taking pictures, blogging, furniture makeover, small shopping for crafts that I made while here, picking up treasures a long the way at thrift stores. My husband 'Steven' went back to New York  for about 10 days so it was a little strange in this house by myself. The reason was that I am suppose to do a furniture makeover, thinking that he is not going to be around and free from going out with friends here and there. And yes, I did the two end table make over. Oh, I am so happy about it since it turned out to be pretty ! This is my first furniture makeover and I was not so sure about it before. But now I want to stay longer to do more furniture makeover, but in a few days will be going back to New York. I guess this will be pending and will continue styling, taking pictures when we come back here in Florida again sometime early January 2013. I am so excited about this project.

Few days a go we took a break from everything and went to Miami {is only about 50 minutes by car from here} I love Miami. I love the diversity of people, the art deco architecture, the food, the city of Miami by the water as we were driving around is just spectacular and so beautiful. 

The highlight as usual was South Beach, Espanola Way, Collins Avenue and our favorite Cuban restaurant at Calle Ocho "Versailles." I love my meal; Ropa Vieja with sweet fried banana and ate lots of ceviche. 

So I can not describe more other than I am going to post lots of pictures, of course ! You can see it for yourself. And if you plan a holiday, you might want to put 'Miami' as one of your holiday destination. You will not be disappointed. 

Have you ever seen a drink like that ? That is one serious drink. I wonder who could possibly drink that ! Obviously that Guy is having way too much fun with that drink. @South Beach


@South Beach - Miami

I spotted Chicken Empanadas on the street and can't help myself to indulge one.

The historic landmark of Miami; The Art Deco District @ South Beach

Steven and I was debating as the tour guide of the boat ride we took mentioned so  many number of celebrities living on this small islands at Biscayne Bay Miami. He thinks the tour guide made it up so to make it more interesting for tourist to go touring on the boat ride. But isn't that's the reason why they called it "Star Island?"

The wind was blowing so hard on this trip especially if you were close to the water and I happened to have this scarf so in the end it came very handy. 

I found this is a fun thing to do while sitting on the esplanade of Collins Avenue at Starbucks cafe watching people passing by and snapped their pictures. This place has to be the place where stylish people go for dining at the restaurants and shopping. These beautiful people were gorgeous and so well put together. I can't help taking a snapshots ! Steven warned me again and again that I must stop doing what I am doing but  deep inside I know they love that I took their pictures. I would not mind if I look that good, wouldn't you say ?





Then late afternoon we drove back home to Delray but oh, I had forgotten my hat left in the hotel room. Steven said it was too far away to go back to claim it. So I called the hotel, they said they never found it that I must call sometime later. I called again that night, still there is not hat. 2 days later I called again still no hat. I know it is only 'a hat'. But when you love it so much and it was a perfect one it's hard to let it go. Oh well, things happened even when you might not like it. Only lesson can be learned.

All and all, it was a lovely 2 nights trip in Miami.

Thank you for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!