photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Monday, December 10, 2012

Old Gold Victorian Frames and {yes thrifted !}

One of design element I noticed from pinning so many interior pin boards is that the old gold Victorian frames really makes a stunning statements when you know how to display it. When we first moved into our Florida condo, the first thing I looked was picture frames in Goodwill or other thrift stores. I have been painting so I want all rooms decorated with my art. To have it done in a professional picture frame store would  cost me a lot so I scour thrift stores in our area just to collect picture frames. During those times I stumbled upon old Victorian  picture frames. I was drawn to it because the gold is not as bright as the new one and I like things that are a little worn down eaten by time. So this kind of picture frame always in the look out when I go to thrift stores. I have not found a big size one yet but I found a few of the smaller ones. I tent to accumulate things a lot but they will come in handy when you about to decor a room.

I always love gold elements in an interior but must be displayed sparingly and just enough as an accent. Otherwise the room will look like Mary Antoinette bedroom. And I love mixing things like old and new, traditional and non traditional.

As an artist it is important for my art to be framed  by the right picture frame. A group or a single art in a room can lift up the whole ambiance of  room itself. For me, this is the most exciting design project when  decorate a living room, bedroom or bathroom.

This picture frame on the left found at Goodwill. There were 2 of them and now I am sorry that I only bought one. It is waiting for the right picture art and the right place. 

You probably have seen our Florida living room gallery wall in the past. Those two on the left bought at Salvation Army.

A few  examples of what I really like in order to create  drama in a room by displaying  Victorian golden frame picture (s).














Please cherish your grandma Victorian picture frames. It is not only a family heirloom but one could also create a beauty & elegance from the past into the now. 

Thank you for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!