photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Enrolling E-course Blog {Design} Love - RedVelvet Shop

Hello,
I am in the middle of designing a new look of my blog;  'CuriositaEllya' right now. It has been little over a year since I have been blogging and if I remember correctly from reading a book about blogging; it says you need to change the outlook of your blog once in a while. So that readers will not get bored to see the same style again and again. 

Since my blog does not have a fancy button, navigation bar and basically followed template provided by Blogger; it's about time for me to take this blog to another level. And now that I am more serious about blogging, I think it makes a lot of sense to re-design the blog entirely. Initially I was going to hire a website designer but I stumbled upon Blog (Design) Love e-course from Red Velvet Shop  and after reading their brief description about the course I jumped right in. For only USD 34.00 that covers 20 sessions I think it's a bargain ! 

Currently I am at session 5 so I can not really say much about it. But from further reading I am excited to learn on how to make and create my own design buttons, navigation bar and other functions using html codes. I have been using Photoshop for many years so as you can see below it's a lot of fun for me to design header from picking colors, fonts, etc. This time I want the header to have images of my creations so I took a few pictures from blog postings in the past. I also want to embellish the image with words that suit my personality and my blog so I chose words; LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE - CURIOSITY - CREATE !



Here I was trying to see which color combo I like most. Finally I am settled with color combo no. 5 as you can see on the above header blog.
Well, so far that's about it ! Next I am going to create navigation bar and again I am  excited to choose the design, font, colors, etc. 

Thank you so much for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!