photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Gift Wraps {DIY}

I always love hand made gift wraps. I remember when I was a small child I was always excited and asked my mother that I am the one who should wrap the presents but of course she won't let me because I can not do a neat job as she did. So I can only watched her doing it. Now thinking back I too has becoming like her; crafty and neat ! How I wish she is here with me to witness these gift wraps that I created. She will be thrilled to create one as well.

"Mom, these are for you. You are not here with me but I am thinking of you !"







What you need.
~ Any plain paper
~ Varieties acrylic water base color. I am using American craft acrylic paint available at Michaels and Acrylic artist colors.
~ Scissor
~ Brush
~ Martha Stewart rubber cling stamps {Christmas motifs}
~ Tape
~ Small cup of water
~ Small paint palette or plate to apply the paint on the brush.

Choose a working area to work this project on or you can use news paper on the table so you won't get the paint all over the furniture. Then take the plain paper cut into sizes as the size of your gift boxes to wrap. Do as many as your gifts boxes are. Then squeeze just a small amount of paint on to the plate. Take your brush just dip the tip on the water {be very careful as you do not want the brush too wet it will not make a nice pattern as it will look blotchy with lots of water} With your brush take generous amount of paint and brush on the stamp. Gently press the stamp on the paper. You might want to have a testing paper just for you to get the right paint to be able to get a nice clear pattern first. Do as many patterns and colors as you like. {As picture below} Let it dry for 10 minutes then wrap all of your gift boxes.


The embellishments
For this the sky is the limit. You can use pretty much anything as long as it is small or it would be nice if the size of the embellishment is in balance with the size of the box. And oh, what ever you think is pretty. Here I have; vintage flower, Christmas ornaments I bought from Michaels for USD 0.90, rhinestone embellishment I bought at Michaels for jewelry making, vintage ribbon, vintage trimmings, and cords to tie the box together.

Do you have a home made gift wrap that you did recently ? I love to see them.

Thank you so much for stopping by !

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!